Previewing the Eagles’ offense vs. the Colts’ defense | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Nov 6

The Indianapolis Colts’ come to town this Sunday and The Kist & Solak Show have you covered on what to look for in their match-up with the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles! First up in the bountiful slate of previews is the Eagles offense against the Colts defense Youth Stefen Wisniewski Jersey , plus, some house cleaning with the injury report and Carson Wentz’s first press conference as an active member of the roster!The Colts defense isn’t exciting; there’s a ton of youth, a lack of top tier talent, and a pretty basic coverage scheme. However, there are bright spots on a defense that despite all that ranks 15th in Football Outsiders’ DVOA.Second round rookie linebacker Darius Leonard was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his Week 2 performance against the Washington Redskins. He notched 18 tackles, 15 solo http://www.eaglesauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jason-peters-jersey , forced fumble and a sack. He’s a big part of the reason Pro Football Focus has the Colts as their highest rated in team tackling and has shown some good range and he’s made some big plays for the defense. It only took safety Malik Hooker 7 games to rack up 3 interceptions before tearing his ACL and MCL in his rookie season. His return to form will be big for a cover 2 defense that doesn’t seem to be using his skill set in a cover 3 scheme for which he was built.The run defense shut the Redskins down, limiting them to 65 rush yards. That’s one game removed from allowing Cincinnati Bengals’ running back Joe Mixon to rip off 5 yards a clip on them with a 61% success rate for the team on the ground, so the jury is still out.More talk about their two young studs, the overall defense and more on The Kist & Solak Show, stream it on the player below or click here if the player doesn’t load.As always, five star ratings and written reviews are much appreciated. It’s not about our ego (NARRATOR: It is) Carson Wentz Jersey , it’s about iTunes’ weird algorithm. So leave a line, say you’re following directions, and help us get this content out to even more of your fellow brethren. Why? Because we all we got, we all we need, FLY EAGLES FLY!NFL Picks Against the Spread 2018: Week 4 Games Before the fourth Sunday of the 2018 NFL regular season kicks off, let’s have some fun by taking a look at the spreads for today’s games. (Click here for NFL Week 3 picks without regard to the spread.)Here are suggestions when trying to beat the odds. You can find all of today’s NFL betting lines and more via SB Nation. My season record so far is 15-32-1. I’m off to a miserable start but the good news is you can count on taking the opposite of what I suggest. Let’s get to the picks.NFL Week 4 GamesPhiladelphia Eagles (-3) at Tennessee Titans: The Eagles are a bad matchup for the Titans. Tennessee is going to try to run the ball a billion times and Philadelphia’s defense should be able to stop it. That’s going to force the Titans into situations where Marcus Mariota Authentic Jalen Mills Jersey , who doesn’t even have feeling in some of his fingers, to throw more often than they’d like. Carson Wentz figures to be sharper this week, especially since he’s potentially getting Alshon Jeffery back. Eagles advance to 3-1. PICK: Eagles -3Buffalo Bills at Green Bay Packers (-9.5): Can the Bills shock the world for the second week in a row? I think some will be tempted to take the points here given Green Bay’s loss last week. But I expect Aaron Rodgers to bounce back at home. The Bills aren’t going to catch a team off guard for the second week in a row. PICK: Packers -9.5Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys (-3): Given how bad my picks have been this season, I’d like to think I can jinx the Cowboys by taking them. PICK: Cowboys -3Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Chicago Bears (-3): If I had faith that Mitchell Trubisky could merely be average instead of bad, the Bears would be a no-brainer pick. Chicago’s defense is really good and I think they can slow down this Bucs offense. But it’s tough when the Bears have to win in spite of their QB. I guess I’ll go with Chi-town because maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick will be good for some turnovers again. PICK: Bears -3New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars (-7.5): I’d love to be proven wrong here but this feels like a really tough spot for 21-year-old rookie quarterback Sam Darnold. The Jags are poised to bounce back after losing at home last week. PICK: Jaguars -7.5Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots (-7): Screw it. I’m taking the undefeated Dolphins. The Pats dynasty is clearly crumbling after losing to Nick Foles in the Super Bowl. PICK: Dolphins +7Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts (-1): Andrew Luck clearly isn’t the same Andrew Luck we used to know. So I think that makes this game winnable for a winless Houston team. The Colts’ defense should give Houston’s offensive line trouble. But I just feel like the Texans are due for a win. They’re more desperate here. PICK: Texans +1Cincinnati Bengals at Atlanta Falcons (-3.5): The Bengals suffered a 10-point loss to Carolina on the road last week. I think the Falcons are better than Carolina and I think Atlanta is primed to bounce back after a tough loss in Week 3. PICK: Falcons -3.5Seattle Seahawks (-3.5) at Arizona Cardinals: Maybe Josh Rosen comes in and makes the Cards look competent. I’m not just going to assume that until I see it. He could struggle against Seattle’s defense. The Seahawks could also very well blow this game on the road. PICK: Seahawks -3.5Cleveland Browns at Oakland Raiders (-3.5): Count me in as a Baker Mayfield believer. Do not count me in as a Jon Gruden believer. PICK: Browns +3.5San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Chargers (-10.5): The Bolts should be able to beat C.J. Beathard with ease. PICK: Chargers -10.5New Orleans Saints (-3.5) at New York Giants: The Saints’ defense hasn’t been good. They could easily leak some points to a Giants team that showed signs of life in their win last week. Still don’t think the Giants defense will be able to contain the Saints’ office, though. PICK: Saints -3.5Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers (-3): This is probably just going to be a three-point game anyway so it doesn’t matter who you pick. I’d lean with the home team. PICK: Steelers -3Kansas City Chiefs (-5) at Denver Broncos: I mean Youth Ronald Darby Jersey , how could you bet against the Chiefs right now? They’re red hot. You really taking Case Keenum over Pat Mahomes? I didn’t think so. (Classic Andy Reid letdown ensues.) PICK: Chiefs -5

Share:
advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement